We are a member driven organization that promotes, protects and educates in order to create attainable housing options for our community.
CODE OF ETHICS
Members of the Spokane Home Builders Association agree to observe and are bound by the following Code of Ethics and Objectives.
- Conduct our business in a manner that will reflect credit upon our association, our industry, and ourselves.
- Avoid statements or implications that may be misleading or deceptive.
- Comply with the spirit and letter of the law and rules, and shall promote the health, safety, and progress of the community.
- Describe accurately and honestly the price, materials, and standards of workmanship used in our jobs.
- Deal fairly with everyone involved in our projects including employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Encourage innovation in our industry.
- Perform to the standards of the NAHB residential construction performance guideline, in effect at the time of construction.
- Support our local, state, and national association’s efforts to provide affordable housing.
- Do business with association members whenever possible.
In applying, I agree to abide by the constitution, by-laws and code of ethics. All applications are subject to approval by the SHBA Board of Directors. In the event of termination of membership in the Association, I agree to immediately discontinue the use of its logo(s) in any form.
Per the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, any portion of association dues attributable to that association’s (and its affiliated associations’) lobbying activities are not deductible as a necessary and ordinary cost of doing business. Accordingly, the following portions of your dues payment are not considered deductible: $40.61 of the Spokane Home Builders Association dues amount you are paying, plus $15.30 of the amount we pay on your behalf to the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) and $35.64 of the amount we pay on your behalf to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). In addition, if you elect to make the voluntary PAC (Political Action Committee) contribution, it is not deductible.
PAYMENT & FEES
As a not-for-profit organization (including Frame Your Future & SHBA PAC) we strive to make sure that all money we receive goes to the cause that it was intended for. Therefore, it is the policy of SHBA that fees associated with credit card processing are passed to those choosing to use a credit card for payment of all invoices.
If you wish to by check, write check out for the amount of $595 and select "Invoice Me" at checkout.