Grant County Chapter Membership Application
When you join the Spokane Home Builders Association (SHBA), you also become a member of the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). Portions of your dues are automatically forwarded to each of them.
CODE OF ETHICS
Home ownership can and should be within reach of every American family.
American homes should be well designed, constructed, and located.
American home should be built under the free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, all members pledge to uphold the following:
- Conduct our business in a manner that will reflect credit upon our association, our industry, and ourselves.
- Avoid statements or implications that may be misleading or deceptive.
- Members shall comply with the spirit and letter of the law and rules, and shall promote the health, safety, and progress of the community.
- Describe accurately and honestly the price, materials, and standards of workmanship used in our jobs.
- Deal fairly with everyone involved in our projects including employees, subcontractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Encourage innovation in our industry.
- Perform to the standards of the NAHB residential construction performance guideline, in effect at the time of construction.
- Support our local, state, and national association’s efforts to provide affordable housing.
- Do business with association members whenever possible.
In applying, I agree to abide by the constitution, by-laws and code of ethics. All applications are subject to approval by the SHBA Board of Directors. In the event of termination of membership in the Association, I agree to immediately discontinue the use of its logo(s) in any form.
We are a member drive organization that promotes, protects and educates in order to create attainable housing options for our community.
Per the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, any portion of association dues attributable to that association’s (and its affiliated associations’) lobbying activities are not deductible as a necessary and ordinary cost of doing business. Accordingly, the following portions of your dues payment are not considered deductible: $169.67 of the Spokane Home Builders Association dues amount you are paying, plus $25.20 of the amount we pay on your behalf to the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) and $39.60 of the amount we pay on your behalf to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). In addition, if you elect to make the voluntary PAC (Political Action Committee) contribution, it is not deductible.